Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Color Laser Printer Cartridges?

I am looking at buying a HP Color LaserJet 1600HP printer. However I noticed that when my printer cartridges go assuming an even use between the four cartridges. It would be cheaper just to go buy a new laser printer, then buying 4 seperate toner cartridges. I know the laser printer keeps track of the pages and then stops you from printing if it has run out. How can I justify buying something that I might as well buy a new one when the cartridges go.Color Laser Printer Cartridges?
It's is expensive to buy new cartridges. There is a trend with color lasers as with inkjet. Basically you get your printer for free 鈥?you just buying set of new cartridges. Good news is that it shouldn鈥檛 be always to spend a fortune on new set of cartridges. You can refill your OEM cartridges up to 3 times before drum worn out. You can refill each color of HP 1600 less than $50 at http://fillserv.com/cic/product.php?prod鈥?/a>Color Laser Printer Cartridges?
It's like a razor. The razor itself is cheap, but the blades are expensive. The toners they send you with your new printer are just starter cartridges anyway. It will print about half of what a new toner will print.





(Just to clarify, if the yellow toner, for example, runs out before the black, magenta, and cyan, you can replace just the yellow one. Still, it is expensive.)
Those toner cartriges last a really long time. The laser printer is a way better deal than the ink jet. I have had my huge dell color laser for a couple years and I haven't replaced any of the toner cartriges yet. As far as I know you will only have to replace the ones that run out. Check the reviews on CNET.com before you buy.
The toner cartridges on my HP color 2840 all-in-one give almost 3000 pages per cartridge. I bought a spare set on sale saving about $50. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment