Saturday, December 12, 2009

How easy/messy are Laser Printer Cartridge Toner Re-fills?

I just bought a Brother HL 4040cn Color Laser Printer. I'm having a hard time finding cartridge toner refills, first off.


Do you know where I can look for this particular model of toner refills? Or does it matter and I can just use any model?





Second, is it messy and/or difficult to refill a laser printing cartridge?





What are some problems I might run into?





Do you have experience doing it? If so, what is your experience?





Your insight is very valuable, it's for a home business...How easy/messy are Laser Printer Cartridge Toner Re-fills?
I had a b%26amp;w laser printer. the refill was easy, I simply removed the plug, put new toner in, replaced the plug, and I was off. If you are very careful, it will not be messy.


I have done a quick search(google) and did not find a kit for you.


a little research on your part and you may be able to find one.


the difference between color and black and white of course is that you will have to fill four tanks instead of just one.





If you worry about mess, do it on the floor in a place where you will not be disturbed, spread plenty of newspaper, and wear rubber glovesHow easy/messy are Laser Printer Cartridge Toner Re-fills?
It is easy to do but in my experience, both doing it myself and taking it to Staples and/or Office Max, the time isn't worth the outcome...





The refilled NEVER work as well as the new and if your doing something important, like business stuff, it isn't worth the 'savings'.





When I do it... I ALWAYS keep a back up NEW cartrage for when I have something REALLY important to do... Like payroll... Where there can't be smudges and skips and lines.





Get a kit and then take it up front and ask the tech guy at the store to explain how to do it RIGHT.





How to use not too much ink and not too little...


How to clean the nozles...





Exc. Exc. Exc.





They are usually 100% willing to explain how to do things if you just ask.
I have a home business also. I have tried the refill method and it is nothing but a hassle. I have bought refilled ink cartridges and they are worthless. I buy all my ink products on Ebay - and get excellent prices on brand name inks. You can save a lot of money. My color ink cartridge costs over $40 at a store and I bought two on Ebay for $14.00 and $5 shipping.
depends on which brand you are using.. for the most recent modern laser printers. changing the laser toner is easy. all you have to do is change the long triangular like cartridge. you can do it yourself. to put things cheaper.
Laster Printers use a Toner that is Carsnagenic, i personly wouldnt advise doing it. as if you accadently inhale it it will stick to your lungs like Tar from a ciggarette.
We tried a refill ONCE! It leaked! What a mess!!!





We spend the extra to get them new - no trust in the refills!
YOu should have it done by a professenial at kinkos
kinda

No comments:

Post a Comment